* microRNAs: Promising Biomarkers and Therapeutic Targets of Acute Myocardial Ischemia.
- microRNAs (miRNAs), small non-coding RNA molecules that act as negative regulators of gene expression, are involved in a wide range of biological functions and control several cellular processes. This review illustrates miRNA regulation and function in tissue response to acute ischemia, focusing on miRNA role in acute myocardial infarction and describing a subset of miRNAs de-regulated upon cardiac ischemia. These miRNAs may represent "master ischemic" miRNAs, playing a pathogenetic role in one of the different components of tissue response to ischemia. Moreover, circulating miRNAs correlated to myocardial infarction and examples of miRNA involvement in ischemic diseases different from cardiac ischemia are also discussed. The identification of specific miRNAs as key regulators of cell biology has opened new clinical avenues, and may allow new diagnostic and/or prognostic tools development, as much as innovative therapeutic strategies. Two paradigmatic reports, in which miRNAs have been targeted to improve cardiac function in pre-clinical models of myocardial infarction, are described in detail and confirmed the efficacy of these strategies.
=>いろいろな, 違った, 異なった, 様々の, 種々の, 異なる, 変わった
Overview of adj different
The adj different has 5 senses (first 4 from tagged texts)
1. (88) different -- (unlike in nature or quality or form or degree; "took different approaches to
the problem"; "came to a different conclusion"; "different parts of the country"; "on different
sides of the issue"; "this meeting was different from the earlier one")
2. (41) different -- (distinctly separate from the first; "that's another (or different) issue
3. (2) different -- (differing from all others; not ordinary; "advertising that strives continually
to be different"; "this new music is certainly different but I don't really like it")
4. (1) unlike, dissimilar, different -- (marked by dissimilarity; "for twins they are very unlike";
"people are profoundly different")
5. different -- (distinct or separate; "each interviewed different members of the community")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2022-11-27 (c)sirasawa 2019