* Hypolipidemic effect of fruit fibers in rats fed with high dietary fat.
- The hypolipidemic effect of 10% fruit fibers in rats fed with high-fat diet (HFD) was evaluated. This study was conducted on a total of 50 male Albino rats divided into 10 equal groups fed with different types of dietary fruits. The feeding period lasted for 24 weeks. Fasting blood samples were collected and sera separated and subjected to lipid profile assay and atherogenic index. In addition, total antioxidant activity of different fruits was determined. The results obtained showed that pomegranate had higher content of antioxidants followed by apple, strawberry and guava compared with other fruits. Rats fed with 20% coconut oil showed a highly significant elevation in the levels of serum total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and atherogenic factor while the level of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol was significantly decreased when compared with control rats. Histological examination revealed that there was a large lipid and cholesterol deposition in the livers of rats fed with HFD. The potential in lowering the levels of plasma total cholesterol and triglyceride is in the following order: pomegranate > apple > strawberry > guava > papaya > mandarin and orange. Accumulation of hepatic lipid droplets was diminished when compared with the HFD group. Also, antiatherogenic is better than the untreated groups. Accordingly these hypolipidemic effects may be due to high-fiber content and antioxidant activity of these fruits.
=>いろいろな, 違った, 異なった, 様々の, 種々の, 異なる, 変わった
Overview of adj different
The adj different has 5 senses (first 4 from tagged texts)
1. (88) different -- (unlike in nature or quality or form or degree; "took different approaches to
the problem"; "came to a different conclusion"; "different parts of the country"; "on different
sides of the issue"; "this meeting was different from the earlier one")
2. (41) different -- (distinctly separate from the first; "that's another (or different) issue
3. (2) different -- (differing from all others; not ordinary; "advertising that strives continually
to be different"; "this new music is certainly different but I don't really like it")
4. (1) unlike, dissimilar, different -- (marked by dissimilarity; "for twins they are very unlike";
"people are profoundly different")
5. different -- (distinct or separate; "each interviewed different members of the community")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2023-11-30 (c)sirasawa 2019