ELIZA cgi-bash version rev. 1.90
- Medical English LInking keywords finder for the PubMed Zipped Archive (ELIZA) -
kwic search for gene out of >500 occurrences
403337 occurrences (No.43 in the rank) during 5 years in the PubMed. [cache]
401) This study aimed to investigate the associations between peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ coactivator-1α (PGC-1α) gene Gly482Ser polymorphism (rs8192678) and parameters of insulin resistance in a sample of Korean children.
* Relationship of PGC-1α gene polymorphism with insulin resistance syndrome in Korean children.
- This study aimed to investigate the associations between peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ coactivator-1α (PGC-1α) gene Gly482Ser polymorphism (rs8192678) and parameters of insulin resistance in a sample of Korean children. A total of 286 children aged 10 to 12 years old were recruited from local elementary schools. Measured variables included body fat, blood pressures, blood lipids, glucose, insulin, homeostasis model assessment of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR), and accelerometer-based physical activity (PA). Significant differences in percentage body fat (P = .016), insulin (P = .013), and HOMA-IR (P = .007) were found according to Gly482Ser genotype, with no significant genotype differences in the other measured variables. The genotype-specific differences in insulin (P = .136) and HOMA-IR (P = .067) were significantly attenuated when adjusted for age, sex, Tanner stage, body fat, and PA. The findings of the study suggest that the genetic effects of the PGC-1α genotypes on parameters of insulin resistance might be modulated by lifestyle factors, including PA and body fatness.
Overview of noun gene
The noun gene has 1 sense (no senses from tagged texts)
1. gene, cistron, factor -- ((genetics) a segment of DNA that is involved in producing a polypeptide
chain; it can include regions preceding and following the coding DNA as well as introns between the
exons; it is considered a unit of heredity; "genes were formerly called factors")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2020-06-07 (c)sirasawa 2019