ELIZA cgi-bash version rev. 1.90
- Medical English LInking keywords finder for the PubMed Zipped Archive (ELIZA) -
kwic search for suggest out of >500 occurrences
308129 occurrences (No.71 in the rank) during 5 years in the PubMed. [cache]
22) Taken together, these results suggest that GTT (200μM) under H2O2-induced oxidative stress, thereby improving the developmental competence of porcine embryos via modulation of intracellular levels of ROS and the apoptotic index during the preimplantation stage.
* Exogenous γ-tocotrienol promotes preimplantation development and improves the quality of porcine embryos.
- γ-tocotrienol (GTT), an isomer of vitamin E, has been the subject of increasing interest due to its strong anti-oxidant effects. Therefore, in this study, the effects of GTT on blastocyst development, expression levels of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and apoptotic index were investigated in preimplantation porcine embryos. After in vitro maturation and fertilisation, porcine embryos were cultured for 6 days in porcine zygote medium 3 supplemented with or without GTT (200μM) under oxidative stress conditions (200μM hydrogen peroxide (H2O2)). Blastocyst development was significantly improved in the GTT-treated group when compared with the H2O2-treated group (P<0.05). Subsequent evaluation of the intracellular levels of ROS and numbers of apoptotic nuclei in GTT-treated blastocysts revealed that ROS levels of GTT-treated porcine blastocysts were decreased (P<0.05) and the numbers of apoptotic nuclei were reduced by GTT treatment in porcine embryos. Moreover, the total cell numbers of blastocysts were significantly increased in the GTT-treated group relative to the untreated group under H2O2-induced oxidative stress (P<0.05). The expression levels of apoptosis-related genes (BCL-XL, BAX) in GTT-treated blastocysts were then investigated using real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction. Expression of the anti-apoptotic BCL-XL gene was shown to be increased in the GTT-treated blastocyst group, whereas expression of the pro-apoptotic BAX gene was decreased. Taken together, these results suggest that GTT (200μM) under H2O2-induced oxidative stress, thereby improving the developmental competence of porcine embryos via modulation of intracellular levels of ROS and the apoptotic index during the preimplantation stage.
=>〜しようと提案する, を提案する, 示唆する, 暗示する, 提案する
Overview of verb suggest
The verb suggest has 5 senses (first 5 from tagged texts)
1. (57) propose, suggest, advise -- (make a proposal, declare a plan for something; "the senator
proposed to abolish the sales tax")
2. (21) hint, suggest -- (drop a hint; intimate by a hint)
3. (19) suggest, intimate -- (imply as a possibility; "The evidence suggests a need for more
4. (14) indicate, suggest -- (suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine; "Tetracycline
is indicated in such cases")
5. (12) suggest, evoke, paint a picture -- (call to mind; "this remark evoked sadness")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2021-01-22 (c)sirasawa 2019