2015 American journal of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias
* Elevated Galectin-3 Levels in the Serum of Patients With Alzheimer's Disease.
- Alzheimer's disease (AD) is a neurodegenerative disorder of the central nervous system. Galectin-3 (Gal-3) is characterized by a conserved sequence within the carbohydrate recognition domain. The effect of Gal-3 in AD is presently unknown. In this study, we found significantly increased Gal-3 serum levels in patients with AD compared to control participants (P=.017). There was no significant difference between patients with mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and healthy controls (P=.143) or between patients with AD and MCI (P=.688). The degree of cognitive impairment, as measured by the Mini-Mental Status Examination score, was found to have a significant correlation with the Gal-3 serum levels in all patients and healthy controls. These data suggest that Gal-3 potentially plays a role in the neuropathogenesis of AD. The Gal-3 found in serum could be a potential candidate for a biomarker panel for AD diagnosis.
=>〜しようと提案する, を提案する, 示唆する, 暗示する, 提案する
Overview of verb suggest
The verb suggest has 5 senses (first 5 from tagged texts)
1. (57) propose, suggest, advise -- (make a proposal, declare a plan for something; "the senator
proposed to abolish the sales tax")
2. (21) hint, suggest -- (drop a hint; intimate by a hint)
3. (19) suggest, intimate -- (imply as a possibility; "The evidence suggests a need for more
4. (14) indicate, suggest -- (suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine; "Tetracycline
is indicated in such cases")
5. (12) suggest, evoke, paint a picture -- (call to mind; "this remark evoked sadness")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2021-01-22 (c)sirasawa 2019