* Differential interactions and structural stability of chitosan oligomers with human serum albumin and α-1-glycoprotein.
- Chitosan is a naturally occurring deacetylated derivative of chitin with versatile biological activities. Here, we studied the interaction of chitosan oligomers with low degree of polymerization such as chitosan monomer (CM), chitosan dimer (CD), and chitosan trimer (CT) with human serum albumin (HSA) a major blood carrier protein and α-1-glycoprotein (AGP). Since, HSA and AGP are the two important plasma proteins that determine the drug disposition and affect the fate of distribution of drugs. Fluorescence emission spectra indicated that CM, CD, and CT had binding constants of KCM = 6.2 ± .01 × 10(5) M(-1), KCD = 5.0 ± .01 × 10(4) M(-1), and KCT = 1.6 ± .01 × 10(6) M(-1), respectively, suggesting strong binding with HSA. However, binding of chitooligomers with AGP was insignificant. Thermodynamic and molecular docking analysis indicated that hydrogen bonds and also hydrophobic interaction played an important role in stabilizing the HSA-chitooligomer complexes with free energies of -7.87, -6.35, and -8.4 Kcal/mol for CM, CD, and CT, respectively. Further, circular dichroism studies indicated a minor unfolding of HSA secondary structure, upon interaction with chitooligomers, which are supported with fluctuations of root mean square deviation (RMSD) and radius of gyration (Rg) of HSA. Docking analysis revealed that all three chitooligomers were bound to HSA within subdomain IIA (Site I). In addition, RMSD and Rg analysis depicted that HSA-chitooligomer complexes stabilized at around 4.5 ns. These results suggest that HSA might serve as a carrier in delivering chitooligomers to target tissues than AGP which has pharmacological importance.
=>〜しようと提案する, を提案する, 示唆する, 暗示する, 提案する
Overview of verb suggest
The verb suggest has 5 senses (first 5 from tagged texts)
1. (57) propose, suggest, advise -- (make a proposal, declare a plan for something; "the senator
proposed to abolish the sales tax")
2. (21) hint, suggest -- (drop a hint; intimate by a hint)
3. (19) suggest, intimate -- (imply as a possibility; "The evidence suggests a need for more
4. (14) indicate, suggest -- (suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine; "Tetracycline
is indicated in such cases")
5. (12) suggest, evoke, paint a picture -- (call to mind; "this remark evoked sadness")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2022-11-27 (c)sirasawa 2019