* Interleukin-17 produced by tumor microenvironment promotes self-renewal of CD133+ cancer stem-like cells in ovarian cancer.
- Inflammatory cytokines, components of cancer stem cells (CSCs) niche, could affect the characteristics of CSCs such as self-renewal and metastasis. Interleukin-17 (IL-17) is a new pro-inflammatory cytokine mainly produced by T-helper (Th17) cells and macrophages. The effects of IL-17 on the characteristics of CSCs remain to be explored. Here we first demonstrated a role of IL-17 in promoting the self-renewal of ovarian CD133(+) cancer stem-like cells (CSLCs). We detected IL-17-producing cells (CD4(+) cells and CD68(+) macrophages) in the niche of CD133(+)CSLCs. Meanwhile, there was IL-17 receptor expression on CD133(+)CSLCs derived from A2780 cell line and primary ovarian cancer tissues. By recombinant human IL-17 stimulation and IL-17 transfection, the growth and sphere formation capacities of ovarian CD133(+)CSLCs were significantly enhanced in a dose-dependent manner. Moreover, ovarian CD133(+)CSLCs transfected with IL-17 showed greater tumorigenesis capacity in nude mice. These data suggest that IL-17 promoted the self-renewal of ovarian CD133(+)CSLCs. Further investigation through gene profiling revealed that the stimulation function of IL-17 on self-renewal of ovarian CD133(+)CSLCs might be mediated by the nuclear factor (NF)-κB and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK) signaling pathway. NF-κB and p38 MAPK were activated by IL-17. More importantly, IL-17-promoted self-renewal was inhibited by specific inhibitors of NF-κB and p38 MAPK. Taken together, our data indicate that IL-17 contributed to ovarian cancer malignancy through promoting the self-renewal of CD133(+)CSLCs and that IL-17 and its signaling pathway might serve as therapeutic targets for the treatment of ovarian cancer.
=>〜しようと提案する, を提案する, 示唆する, 暗示する, 提案する
Overview of verb suggest
The verb suggest has 5 senses (first 5 from tagged texts)
1. (57) propose, suggest, advise -- (make a proposal, declare a plan for something; "the senator
proposed to abolish the sales tax")
2. (21) hint, suggest -- (drop a hint; intimate by a hint)
3. (19) suggest, intimate -- (imply as a possibility; "The evidence suggests a need for more
4. (14) indicate, suggest -- (suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine; "Tetracycline
is indicated in such cases")
5. (12) suggest, evoke, paint a picture -- (call to mind; "this remark evoked sadness")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2023-09-25 (c)sirasawa 2019