* MIF4G domain containing protein regulates cell cycle and hepatic carcinogenesis by antagonizing CDK2-dependent p27 stability.
- The CDK inhibitor p27(kip1) plays crucial roles in cell cycle regulation and cancer progression. Through yeast two-hybrid screening, we identified MIF4G domain containing protein (MIF4GD) as a novel binding partner for p27. The association of MIF4GD and p27 was verified using immunoprecipitation and glutathione S-transferase (GST) pull-down assays. Interaction with MIF4GD led to the stabilization of p27 both in the nucleus and in the cytoplasm in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) cells as a result of suppressed phosphorylation of p27 by CDK2 at threonine187. Serum stimulation decreased the levels of MIF4GD and p27 simultaneously. In addition, MIF4GD overexpression resulted in increased p27 levels and reduced cell proliferation, while knockdown of MIF4GD promoted cell cycle progression with decreased p27 levels in cells. Furthermore, overexpression of MIF4GD reduced colony formation and inhibited xenograft tumor growth in nude mice. Finally, we found that both MIF4GD and p27 were expressed at low levels in HCC tissues compared to non-cancerous tissues, and that low expression levels of MIF4GD and p27 were associated with significantly worse prognosis in HCC patients. Our results suggest that MIF4GD is a potential regulator of p27-dependent cell proliferation in HCC. These findings provide a rational framework for the development of potential HCC therapy by targeting the MIF4GD-p27 interaction.
=>〜しようと提案する, を提案する, 示唆する, 暗示する, 提案する
Overview of verb suggest
The verb suggest has 5 senses (first 5 from tagged texts)
1. (57) propose, suggest, advise -- (make a proposal, declare a plan for something; "the senator
proposed to abolish the sales tax")
2. (21) hint, suggest -- (drop a hint; intimate by a hint)
3. (19) suggest, intimate -- (imply as a possibility; "The evidence suggests a need for more
4. (14) indicate, suggest -- (suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine; "Tetracycline
is indicated in such cases")
5. (12) suggest, evoke, paint a picture -- (call to mind; "this remark evoked sadness")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2021-01-22 (c)sirasawa 2019