2015 Computer methods in biomechanics and biomedical engineering
* Numerical model for intraosseous infusion of the human calvarium for hydrocephalus shunting.
- Hydrocephaly is the defective absorption of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) into the blood stream. This work is an experimental and computational fluid dynamic modelling study to determine the permeability of the diploë as a potential receptor for CSF. Human calvariae were studied by micro-CT to measure their porosity, the area of flow and develop model geometry. Pressure-flow measurements were conducted on specimens to determine their permeability in the physiological and transverse flow directions to compare with numerical results. The overall porosity and permeability of the calvaria were spatially variable. Results suggest an order of magnitude increase in permeability for a 14% increase in overall porosity based on a small number of samples. Numerical results fell within the experimental infusion tests results. Due to the difficulty and ethical considerations in obtaining adolescent skull samples to perform large-scale testing, the developed model will be invaluable.
=>〜しようと提案する, を提案する, 示唆する, 暗示する, 提案する
Overview of verb suggest
The verb suggest has 5 senses (first 5 from tagged texts)
1. (57) propose, suggest, advise -- (make a proposal, declare a plan for something; "the senator
proposed to abolish the sales tax")
2. (21) hint, suggest -- (drop a hint; intimate by a hint)
3. (19) suggest, intimate -- (imply as a possibility; "The evidence suggests a need for more
4. (14) indicate, suggest -- (suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine; "Tetracycline
is indicated in such cases")
5. (12) suggest, evoke, paint a picture -- (call to mind; "this remark evoked sadness")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2023-05-29 (c)sirasawa 2019