* Asporin activates coordinated invasion of scirrhous gastric cancer and cancer-associated fibroblasts.
- Scirrhous gastric cancer, which has the worst prognosis among the various types of gastric cancer, is highly invasive and associated with abundant stromal fibroblasts. Although cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAFs) have been proposed to generate a tumor-supportive extracellular matrix that promotes the expansion of this type of cancer, the molecular mechanisms by which CAFs assist cancer cells are not yet fully understood. Here, we show for the first time that Asporin, a small leucine-rich proteoglycan (SLRP), is predominantly expressed in CAFs, and has essential roles in promoting co-invasion of CAFs and cancer cells. CAFs of scirrhous gastric cancer possess high potential for invasion, and invasion by CAFs frequently proceeded invasion by cancer cells, both in vitro and in vivo. Expression of Asporin was induced in fibroblasts by exposure to gastric cancer cells. Asporin secreted from CAFs activates Rac1 via an interaction with CD44 and promotes invasion by CAFs themselves. Moreover, Asporin promoted invasion by neighboring cancer cells, via paracrine effects mediated by activation of the CD44-Rac1 pathway. These results suggest that Asporin is a unique SLRP that promotes progression of scirrhous gastric cancer and is required for coordinated invasion by CAFs and cancer cells. Therefore, Asporin may represent a new therapeutic target molecule for the development of drugs aimed at manipulating the cancer microenvironment.
=>〜しようと提案する, を提案する, 示唆する, 暗示する, 提案する
Overview of verb suggest
The verb suggest has 5 senses (first 5 from tagged texts)
1. (57) propose, suggest, advise -- (make a proposal, declare a plan for something; "the senator
proposed to abolish the sales tax")
2. (21) hint, suggest -- (drop a hint; intimate by a hint)
3. (19) suggest, intimate -- (imply as a possibility; "The evidence suggests a need for more
4. (14) indicate, suggest -- (suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine; "Tetracycline
is indicated in such cases")
5. (12) suggest, evoke, paint a picture -- (call to mind; "this remark evoked sadness")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2021-01-22 (c)sirasawa 2019