ELIZA cgi-bash version rev. 1.90
- Medical English LInking keywords finder for the PubMed Zipped Archive (ELIZA) -
kwic search for suggest out of >500 occurrences
308129 occurrences (No.71 in the rank) during 5 years in the PubMed. [cache]
9) These results suggest that BPA has cardiotoxic effects which are mediated by the oxidative stress resulting from the overproduction of free radicals, the deficiency of NO and the inhibition of AchE leading to cholinergic activation.
* The effect of bisphenol A on some oxidative stress parameters and acetylcholinesterase activity in the heart of male albino rats.
- Bisphenol A (BPA) is an endocrine disrupting chemical used on a wide range in industry. Several studies reported that BPA may cause cardiovascular disorders in humans and animals. The present study aims to investigate the effect of BPA on the heart of adult male rats. The rats received a daily oral administration of BPA (25 mg/kg for 6 weeks and 10 mg/kg for 6 and 10 weeks). It was found that BPA at the two studied doses induced a significant increase in malondialdehyde, and a significant decrease in catalase after 6 weeks. Moreover, a significant decrease in reduced glutathione and acetylcholinesterase (AchE) activity was observed after treatment with the two doses of BPA throughout the studied time intervals. The two doses (25 and 10 mg/kg) resulted in a significant decrease in nitric oxide (NO) levels after 6 and 10 weeks, respectively. A significant increase in body weight gain occurred in all animals after BPA treatment. These results suggest that BPA has cardiotoxic effects which are mediated by the oxidative stress resulting from the overproduction of free radicals, the deficiency of NO and the inhibition of AchE leading to cholinergic activation. The obesity promoting effect of BPA may also participate in the observed cardiovascular disturbances.
=>〜しようと提案する, を提案する, 示唆する, 暗示する, 提案する
Overview of verb suggest
The verb suggest has 5 senses (first 5 from tagged texts)
1. (57) propose, suggest, advise -- (make a proposal, declare a plan for something; "the senator
proposed to abolish the sales tax")
2. (21) hint, suggest -- (drop a hint; intimate by a hint)
3. (19) suggest, intimate -- (imply as a possibility; "The evidence suggests a need for more
4. (14) indicate, suggest -- (suggest the necessity of an intervention; in medicine; "Tetracycline
is indicated in such cases")
5. (12) suggest, evoke, paint a picture -- (call to mind; "this remark evoked sadness")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2021-01-22 (c)sirasawa 2019