* Adjuvant therapy with carboplatin and pamidronate for canine appendicular osteosarcoma.
- Amputation and chemotherapy are the mainstay of treatment for canine appendicular osteosarcoma (OSA). In vitro studies have demonstrated anti-tumour activity of pamidronate against canine OSA. The purpose of this study was to assess the safety of adding pamidronate to standard post-operative carboplatin chemotherapy in 17 dogs with appendicular OSA treated with limb amputation. Median disease-free interval (DFI) and median survival time (MST) were evaluated as secondary endpoints. Incidence of side effects and treatment outcomes were compared to 14 contemporary control patients treated with carboplatin alone. There were no identified side effects to the pamidronate treatment. The median DFI for the study group was 185 days compared to 172 days for the control group (P = 0.90). The MST of the study group was 311 days compared to 294 days for the control group (P = 0.89). Addition of pamidronate to carboplatin chemotherapy for the treatment of canine appendicular OSA is safe and does not impair efficacy of standard carboplatin treatment.
=>1.取り扱い, 扱い, 治療, 待遇, 処理, 処置, 2.台本, シナリオ
Overview of noun treatment
The noun treatment has 4 senses (first 4 from tagged texts)
1. (28) treatment, intervention -- (care provided to improve a situation (especially medical
procedures or applications that are intended to relieve illness or injury))
2. (25) treatment, handling -- (the management of someone or something; "the handling of prisoners";
"the treatment of water sewage"; "the right to equal treatment in the criminal justice system")
3. (4) treatment -- (a manner of dealing with something artistically; "his treatment of space
borrows from Italian architecture")
4. (2) discussion, treatment, discourse -- (an extended communication (often interactive) dealing
with some particular topic; "the book contains an excellent discussion of modal logic"; "his
treatment of the race question is badly biased")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2022-11-27 (c)sirasawa 2019