* Transfusion-associated graft versus host disease in the immunocompetent patient: an ongoing problem.
- Transfusion associated-graft versus host disease (TA-GVHD) is a rare complication of blood transfusion. It carries a very high mortality rate. Although the phenomenon has been well described in immunocompromised patients, this review focuses on the immunocompetent host. Cases of TA-GVHD continue to be reported following a variety of surgical procedures, especially cardiac procedures requiring cardiopulmonary bypass. Additional risk factors for TA-GVHD include blood component transfusion in populations with limited genetic diversity, the use of directed donations from family members, and the transfusion of fresh blood. As there is no effective treatment, the focus is on prevention.
=>1.取り扱い, 扱い, 治療, 待遇, 処理, 処置, 2.台本, シナリオ
Overview of noun treatment
The noun treatment has 4 senses (first 4 from tagged texts)
1. (28) treatment, intervention -- (care provided to improve a situation (especially medical
procedures or applications that are intended to relieve illness or injury))
2. (25) treatment, handling -- (the management of someone or something; "the handling of prisoners";
"the treatment of water sewage"; "the right to equal treatment in the criminal justice system")
3. (4) treatment -- (a manner of dealing with something artistically; "his treatment of space
borrows from Italian architecture")
4. (2) discussion, treatment, discourse -- (an extended communication (often interactive) dealing
with some particular topic; "the book contains an excellent discussion of modal logic"; "his
treatment of the race question is badly biased")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2023-05-29 (c)sirasawa 2019