* Impact of delayed diagnosis time in estimating progression rates to hepatitis C virus-related cirrhosis and death.
- Delay of the diagnosis of hepatitis C virus (HCV), and its treatment to avert cirrhosis, is often present sincethe early stage of HCV progression is latent. Current methods to determine the incubation time to HCV-related cirrhosis and the duration time from cirrhosis to subsequent events (e.g. complications or death) used to be based on the time of liver biopsy diagnosis and ignore this delay which led to an interval censoring for the first event time and a double censoring for the subsequent event time. To investigate the impact of this delay in estimating HCV progression rates and relevant estimating bias, we present a correlated two-stage progression model for delayed diagnosis time and fit the developed model to the previously studied hepatitis C cohort data from Edinburgh. Our analysis shows that taking the delayed diagnosis into account gives a mildly different estimate of progression rate to cirrhosis and significantly lower estimated progression rate to HCV-related death in comparison with conventional modelling. We also find that when the delay increases, the bias in estimating progression increases significantly.
=>1.取り扱い, 扱い, 治療, 待遇, 処理, 処置, 2.台本, シナリオ
Overview of noun treatment
The noun treatment has 4 senses (first 4 from tagged texts)
1. (28) treatment, intervention -- (care provided to improve a situation (especially medical
procedures or applications that are intended to relieve illness or injury))
2. (25) treatment, handling -- (the management of someone or something; "the handling of prisoners";
"the treatment of water sewage"; "the right to equal treatment in the criminal justice system")
3. (4) treatment -- (a manner of dealing with something artistically; "his treatment of space
borrows from Italian architecture")
4. (2) discussion, treatment, discourse -- (an extended communication (often interactive) dealing
with some particular topic; "the book contains an excellent discussion of modal logic"; "his
treatment of the race question is badly biased")
--- WordNet end ---
PubMed database: last updated on 2023-05-29 (c)sirasawa 2019